Welcome to WOW! Embossing Powder!
Hi, WOW! fans! I have several birthdays coming up in the next few months and need to build up my card stash. As it’s been awhile since I’ve made a shaker card, I couldn’t resist making a fun cupcake-themed one with Cotton Candy Sparkles.
- Stamp cupcakes and color with Copics. Coordinate Copic coloring with colors of embossing powders used in step 2.
- Apply WOW! Embossing Pen to cupcakes, sprinkle on embossing powder and heatset. Embossing powders used (from left to right) are Totally Teal Embossing Glitter, Clear Gloss Regular Embossing Powder, and Razzleberry Embossing Glitter. Fussy-cut cupcakes.
- Diecut frame for shaker from white cardstock. Back frame with clear acetate and a layer of foam tape.
- Trim patterned paper to fit behind frame. Place Cotton Candy Sparkles and clear confetti onto panel and seal in place with frame.
- Attach shaker to card with double-sided adhesive.
- Adhere cupcakes to shaker front with a combination of liquid adhesive and thin foam squares.
- Diecut sentiment and shadow. Apply embossing ink to diecut sentiment, sprinkle with Red Glitz Embossing Glitter and heatset. For extra dimension, repeat the process. Adhere word to shadow and affix to card.
- Stamp sentiment with embossing ink and emboss with Opaque Bright White Regular Embossing Powder. Diecut sentiment and affix with foam.
I just love all of the sparkle and shine on this fun shaker! Have a great day!
Hi! I’m Andrea. I’m a wife of 22 years and a mom of 2 teenagers, plus a couple of furbabies.
I love cardmaking and scrapbooking, watching movies, and hanging out with my family. Two things I can’t live without are coffee and chocolate (in that order!). I can’t wait to explore ways to help make your WOW! products shine (see what I did there? 😉 )!